Process Portfolio-Journal

• September 19, 2022: Today in class we all made a circle and Mrs. Cauchon showed us everyone’s final surrealism photography. It was fun I enjoyed talking with my fellow peers.
  • September 20, 2022: Today in the beginning of class we started working on the block printing assignment and Mrs. Cauchon showed us a quick video. I got to chose a image for the block printing and I chose a picture of Garfield. When I got the picture I transferred it into the block and traced it with a pen. When it was almost time to leave we all cleaned our areas and got ready to leave.
  • September 21, 2022: Today I stared on carving the figure of Garfield and drew hearts around him because I felt it needed it because it was to plane on the background. I ended up carving away and since I didn’t finish I will finish on Monday since Mrs. Cauchon is not going to be here tomorrow.
  • September 22, 2022: For our assignment we are supposed to chose three photos we would like to recreate and I chose a cut pug with sunglasses and a sunflower picture. I ran out of time and wasn’t able to find a third picture but I chose those because I thought they were very cool and I love nature photography.
  • September 23, 2022: Today I worked on carving for my block printing assignment. I decided to add hearts to my block printing, and it was really hard to carve around it. I was using a small carving tool and a big carving tool to carve deeper but although I was using two carving tools, I mostly used the small carving tool. Also, I forgot to take a picture to show my progress.
  • September 26, 2022: Today I worked on finishing my block printing assignment. So, I worked on carving with the same tools I was using on Friday which where the big and small carving tool. I eventually ended up carving the hearts away because I didn’t like how they looked when I was finished. After finishing carving the background, I started on working to carve the shape features of Garfield’s face. Though I ended up running out of time and didn’t take pictures either.
  • September 27, 2022: For today on finishing carving on my block printing assignment. So, what I did was carve with two different carving tools which were two small ones. They were very helpful. I ended up finishing and I started to print my imagine into white paper using black ink and I ended up for the first time actually remembering to take a picture for my process portfolio.
  • September 28, 2022: Today I worked on doing my final block print. I started by getting a wooden plate and painting it white for the background and I blow dried so I can print faster but when I printed it, I didn’t like the outcome, so I practiced more on paper instead. I took the failed final and took it home, but I didn’t take pictures.
  • September 29,2022: Today I worked on my block printing assignment and instead of printing on paper I got a wood and printed without paint, and it ended up coming out good, so I started adding the details to Garfield and i painted him orange and then I ran out of time and I went home.
  • September 30, 2022: Today I worked on my block printing assignment and it’s the day to turn in my final project so what I did was paint the background pink and I got a white color and a dark pink and mixed them together for dark pink and I got a white color to make smudges and make the texture on the background. I also got black ink and used a thin paint brush to add the speech bubble on the top of his head. Then I let it dry and turned it in.
  • October 4, 2022: Today I was thinking of what I wanted to recreate, and I ended up choosing a bad bunny picture which I thought was very cool. I also made a list of the people who I thought I would ask to be the model in this picture.
  • October 5, 2022: Today I texted my brother if he could be the model for my recreation picture and send him the picture. Thankfully he agreed and asked when he has time to do it. I ended up organizing what I finally needed for this picture.
  • October 6, 2022: Today I worked on editing the picture of my brother.
  • October 7, 2022: Today I worked finishing editing and posting it on my page.
  • October 13, 2022: Today Mrs. Cauchon let me barrow a camera for my photo series assignment. I was thinking about what I wanted to make my series on. Which were either to portray drug addiction and a mental illness.
  • October 14, 2022: Today I was looking up some series regarding what I wanted to do for my series and some pictures that inspired me are these that I will add. See the source imageSee the source imageImage result for depression photography ideas
  • October 17, 2022: Today I came outside to take pictures around campus with Sam, Indira, and Shayari. Although while we were using the cameras, we decided to take some mugshots which gave me the idea to take mugshots and make a story about a group of people robbing or doing something illegal in a group.
  • October 18, 2022: Today I spent my time roaming the halls of this school with Sam and Shayari trying to find people to take mugshots for this assignment.
  • October 19, 2022: Today I did the same as yesterday but first I worked on seeing which pictures I should delete or keep for my photo series.
  • October 20, 2022: Today I went out to find three final people for my photo series and found these two people.
  • October 21, 2022: Today I asked Sam and Shayari if I could make Sam a criminal and Shayari the police who was the person who finally caught them, and they both agreed so I decided to go outside to the wall for Sam’s mugshot and I took a picture of Shayari next to the computers.
  • October 24, 2022: Today I worked on finishing my photo series and went on a scavenger hunt with a group of classmates.
  • November 31, 2022: Today I worked on covering my screen with some blue type of liquid with a scooper by using the instructions of my teacher. I covered it in a thin coat and let it sit for twenty-four hours.
  • November 1, 2022: Today I worked on choosing a picture to print on my screen and I chose a cross because I think it would look cute on a shirt. Mainly I am going for streetstyle shirt. 
  • November 2, 2022: Today I emailed my teacher the image I chose, and she printed it the size I wanted. The helped my burn the image onto my screen and I waited for eighteen minutes for that procedure and then after I used a wet towel to clean the paint left on the screen uncovering my image.
  • November 3, 2022: Today I have tried to print on different color paper using the colors black on white paper and red on black paper.
  • November 4, 2022: Today I continued to practice before I started printing on a shirt meanwhile, I buy shirts.
  • November 7, 2022: Today I did my final print on a shirt which was challenging but was overall fun.
  • November 17, 2022: Today I worked on doing my mixed media art with my screen print image.
  • December 1, 2022: Today in class I worked on my statement assignment, and I chose a picture of a young girl sitting on the floor looking like she is tired and tomorrow I will gather more picture to finish this assignment as I want.
  • December 2, 2022: Today, I worked on finishing my “Make a Statement” assignment what I did was download and gathered pictures onto the picture of the girl sitting down. I placed them around the young girl and ended up putting “I Am Tired” on her to show emotion onto her. The pictures I put around her is teen problems they face about their bodies and how they have to be perfect.   
  • Keith Haring Inspired Work: So, for this work I was looking at his different works of art and I wanted to do something about music in which it showed what it does to someone when they are having a rough time in their day. So, what I initially did was draw a body with headphones on and he was like the center of the drawing and then I was well music cures you when you’re ever feeling sad or exhausted and it helps you push through a long day. So, then I drew a tower falling and on fire and people fighting on the side to show how music was so strong that the person listening to the music forgot about everything happening in his surroundings and all the chaos. Then I colored my drawing with markers, and it came together.
  • Body, Shape Form: For this assignment I did not have many ideas because I was scared to try this because I felt that I did not have much experience with taking pictures of other people since i mainly focus on taking pictures of flowers and mainly nature. So, I asked my friend if she could please be my model and she said yes. She came to my house, and we started shooting and the pictures were just right and perfect. I brought them to school, and I started editing and this was the final product. For the five questions: For the first question I think this work was a success because for it being my first-time taking pictures of a person is really amazing since I was scared, I was not going to execute this assignment. For the second question the qualities are that she in general is very pretty, but I think the lighting and the editing I did was very good. For the third question I think they can judge but limited because I used things that were given to me for this assignment since I am not an actual professional. For the fourth question I think this work I did makes me happy since I think I did a perfect job. With all the photos.